I wonder what life would be like if I had a dream genie in my pocket whenever I needed her or him. Sure, I'd give my genie a day off to get over the crazy week they'd inherit. Warm tea at my beck and call. Erase my student debt. An infinite bank account. Just a few things I'd wish for.

Well, let's pretend my dream genie exists. What will I wish for on any given Wednesday? Wishful Wednesdays. That's the ticket.


What's my first wish?


"I wish readers would step out of their caves and venture into other genres besides their favorites."

I've seen obscene amounts of drama pop between readers. For example, people shouting over others, dismissing opinions as though the shouters have a leg over anyone. Guess what? Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Shouting never works. Learn to debate and learn from each other. Get a grip.


Also, readers swamped in one genre telling others how to remain open-minded. Yeah, I get it. We all have our favorites. I dig psychological thrillers and realistic fiction. But, while I'm likely to ditch fantasy, I'll check one out, if the book sounds promising. You can't debate with a closed mind.

Finally, breathe and search for books that deserve hype. Plenty of books go unnoticed while others receive heinous amounts of pomp and circumstance (Trust. Most of them tend to get major side-eye for me) If you open your mind to other works, you'll discover some good stuff and funnel your extra attention and energy to them.


There's no smug intended. Just some of the drama over books trouble me. Books should entertain and inform, not devastate and harm. Chill out, people!

So there you have it. My first wish for Wishful Wednesdays.

What's your wish?


No comments:

Post a Comment