Monday, Monday, Feels Read-y to Me...

I hope everyone's getting over their cases of  "the Moan-days". One good way to do so is to read great books to knock the droll hours away until quitting time. What's on my reading sphere today? Two books I picked randomly based on their inviting blurbs.

The first one is Behind Closes Doors by B.A. Paris.

Image result for behind close doors

Jack and Grace reads as the perfect couple. He's rich and handsome. She's elegant and pretty. But, their friends only see one mask. Within their lovely home, their relationship offers the perfect facade.

Ever read a story you wished you owned in its physical form? Alas, poor me, I have an e-book version, which is fine. No spoilers here. But, I must say, pertaining to this story, if you're dating someone new, Google, Google, and Google your date until your fingers hurt. 


On a lighter note, Jenny Hans' To All the Boys I've Loved Before, book one of the eponymous series. While I'm more of a standalone book reader, I've found myself searching for a good series to follow. I think I found a worthy contender. 

The story follows Lara Jean, whose shy demeanor leads her to write long letters to her crushes from middle school through her junior year in high school, instead of coming forth with her feelings toward them. Somehow her hatbox of hidden letters disappears and one by one the letters disperse into the crushes' hands. Oh boy! Will good come from their mailings, or will she end up in crushing embarrassment.

So far, I'm enjoying the book. She's a rather quirky dreamer, trying to figure her own way, especially after following her oldest sister who's deemed the smart and responsible Song daughter.

So there you have my Monday reads to cure the case of "The Moan-days". Two books (I normally read one at a time, but I'm allowed to grow still) guaranteed to snatch my attention (and hopefully yours) this week.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment