What's Rhapsody in Hue?

What's Rhapsody in Hue?

Well, it's a portmanteau of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue (which I adore) and the fact that I'm a writer and reader of color. In the book and writing community, sometimes I find voices of color (black, Latinx, Asian, Native American and so forth - so many colors, you know!) trampled. Take a look at the booktuber of color lack on Youtube. You'll see and understand.


However...


My point is that I like to read. I want my opinion out there like anyone else's. It's important as we only get one life to share our feelings about what we enjoy and do not enjoy. So yeah. I think that's a pithy statement about my blog's title. Everyone's welcome, black and white, Latino and Asian, and the many groups between. Let's take a breath and enjoy our books. Let's fangirl (or fanboy) over the words on page like goofballs.


What can I do to make my blog more inclusive? All tips are appreciated.

While you wait, here's Mr. Gershwin himself play the song inspiring my blog. Enjoy!


Sincerely,

Crafty Scribbles


No comments:

Post a Comment